Singers Who Made Repeat Visits To El Paso In Different Bands
Being in a band is like being married and, as we all know, not all marriages work out.
Some relationships come to premature ends, some just separate for a bit and the same goes for bands. Not everyone can pull off decades with the same lineup like ZZ Top or Rush. These days, members often bow out completely and/or temporarily to do their own thing.
Here are a few artists that have been to El Paso in more than one band.
- Rob Halford. The Metal God leads the pack with the most visits in at least 3 different bands. I can't recall him ever coming through with Two but he has been here many times with Judas Priest as well as visiting us with Fight and his solo band; Halford.
- Ronnie James Dio made it through town with Black Sabbath and a couple of times with Dio. To my knowledge, his Rainbow days never brought him here.
- Vince Neil ... and Tommy Lee too for that matter ... have both been here with Motley Crue and with their solo projects.
- Alice Cooper is Alice Cooper but his touring band is everchanging and he's been to town many, many times with prominent members like Kane Roberts, Nita Straus, Eric Singer and more.
- David Lee Roth has been here with Van Halen and his solo band which also featured Steve Vai, Greg Bissonette and Billy Sheehan.
- Ozzy was here back in his Black Sabbath days and several times throughout his solo career.
- Ace Frehley has been to El Chuco with KISS and with Frehley's Comet.
- Sammy Hagar was here as a solo act and with Van Halen.
- Ian Gillan was here with Black Sabbath in 1983 and Deep Purple around '84 or '85.
- Rob Zombie was here with White Zombie and as Rob Zombie.
There you go, rock stars who have "double-dipped" in El Paso.