Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
Spall Repair Project
Monday, 12/2 and Thursday, 12/5 (9 pm - 5 am night)
- Two left lanes I-10 eastbound from Stanton to Wyoming will be closed.
- Two left lanes I-10 eastbound from Cotton to Geronimo will be closed.
I-10 Ramp Improvements – Phase 2
Monday, Dec. 2 (9 pm - 6 am)
- Gateway Boulevard East closed at Airway
Tuesday, Dec. 3 (9 pm - 6 am)
- Gateway Boulevard West closed at the Airway onramp
- Westmoreland will be closed at Gateway Boulevard West.
Wednesday, Dec. 4 (9 pm - 6 am)
- Airway Boulevard South closed at International Drive
Guardrail Repair Project
Monday, Dec. 2 (9 am - 4 pm)
- US 54 northbound at Sun Valley right lane/exit closed at mile marker 29-30.
Wednesday, Dec. 4 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 westbound at Mesa shoulder closed.
- Loop 375 westbound shoulder closed.
Thursday, Dec. 5 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Paisano US 62/180 between Park and Delta inside lanes closed, east and west.
9 pm - 2 am
- I-10 westbound Mesa exit to Downtown exit, both lanes at the on-ramp closed on exit 19A.
US 54 Widening and Illumination Project
Sunday, 12/8 through Monday, 12/9 ( 9 pm - 5 am)
- Traffic exit Loop 375 off-ramp southbound and enters back on Diana on-ramp southbound.
- Traffic exit Diana off-ramp northbound and enters back on Loop 375 on-ramp northbound.
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Tuesday, 12/3 (7 pm - 6 am)
- Loop 375 southbound to northbound turnaround at North Loop Drive closed
I-10 Connect Project Closures
Monday, 12/2, (9 am - 4 pm)
- Onramp from Gateway Boulevard South to southbound US 54 north of Pershing Drive will be closed to all traffic.
Monday, 12/2, through Thursday, 12/5 (9 pm - 5 am)
- SH 20 (Alameda Avenue) will be closed to all traffic under US 54
Monday, 12/2, through Saturday, 12/7 (9 am - 4 pm DAILY)
- Boone Street will be closed to all traffic between Yandell Drive and Gateway Boulevard West
Tuesday, 12/3 (9 pm - 5 am)
- US 54 will be reduced to a single southbound lane between Spur 601 and Pershing Drive.
- On-ramp from Gateway Boulevard South to southbound US 54 at Cassidy Road will be closed to all traffic.
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.