Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
West Area Closures
Transmountain Project (UFN)
- Transmountain west and eastbound between US-54 and Tom Mays State Park one lane both directions and bike lane closed.
Mesa Rehabilitation Project (UFN)
- Mesa northbound between Baltimore and Castellano one lane
- Mesa southbound between Festival and Montecillo one lane
US-54 Overlay Project
Monday, December 14 - Saturday, December 19 (7 am - 5 pm)
- US-54 north and southbound between New Mexico State Line and McCombs alternate lane closures.
Dyer Overlay Project
Monday, December 14 - Friday, December 18 (8 am - 3 pm)
- US-54 southbound between Deer and McCombs right lane closure.
Pedestrian Hybrid Improvements Project
Monday, December 14 - Friday, December 18
- Dyer northbound between Johnson and Pierce one lane
- Dyer southbound between Johnson and Pierce one lane
East Area Closures
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Monday, Dec. 14, 2020, - Friday, Dec. 18, 2020 (6 am - 4 pm DAILY)
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) northbound to southbound turnaround complete closure at North Loop Drive
- South Americas Avenue southbound traffic detour at North Loop Drive
Montana Frontage Road Project
Sunday, Dec. 13, 2020, - Monday, Dec. 14, 2020 (8 pm - 6 am NIGHTLY)
- Global Reach Drive northbound complete lane closure at Montana Avenue intersection
- Global Reach Drive southbound multiple left lane closures at Montana Avenue intersection
Tuesday, Dec. 15, 2020 - Wednesday, Dec. 16, 2020 (8 pm - 6 am NIGHTLY)
- Global Reach Drive southbound complete lane closure at Montana Avenue intersection
- Global Reach Drive southbound traffic will be detoured to LP375 and SPUR601
- Yarbrough Drive northbound multiple left lane closures at Montana Avenue intersection
Thursday, Dec. 17, 2020* (8 pm - 6 am OVERNIGHT)
- Global Reach Drive northbound and southbound complete lane closures at Montana Avenue intersection
- Global Reach Drive northbound and southbound traffic will be detoured to LP375
*Extra day for contingency and will be modified as necessary
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system