Scheduled Construction And Road Closures For El Paso This Week
June is finally over and July is here but the construction all over El Paso is in full swing to get us to the finish line! Find out what major closures will be affecting your commute this week. Doesn’t matter when you’re traveling through the west side of El Paso, it looks like congestion is going to be an issue. Even the east side isn’t immune to traffic and headaches. With road closures, lane closures and more, El Paso traffic is getting worse before it gets any better. There will be some major freeway and road closures happening this week so make sure you are aware so you don’t get caught stuck in traffic.
July 16 (9PM-6AM)
- Sunland Park Drive – in the direction traveling southbound, toward the railroad tracks – will close completely between the Shopping Center entrance/signalized intersection and South Desert Road/Paisano Drive (US 85).
- Sunland Park Drive – in the direction traveling northbound, toward the mountain – all through lanes will be closed between Machuca Drive and North Desert Road. The right turn lane will remain open.
- The westbound-to-eastbound turnaround bridge at the Sunland Park Drive overpass will close.
- The eastbound-to-westbound turnaround bridge at the Sunland Park Drive overpass will close.
Spall Repair Project
July 15 - 18 (9pm-5am NIGHTLY)
- I-10 West 2 right lanes at Viscount overpass closed
- McRae on-ramp westbound closed
- Hawkins off-ramp westbound closed
July 15 (9AM- 4PM)
- IH-10 Eastbound Copia entrance ramp closed
- IH-10 Eastbound right shoulder at Copia closed
Mesa Park Interchange Project
July 22 - 25 (9pm-6am NIGHTLY)
- Complete closure of I-10 westbound at Schuster
Other Closures: Overnight
July 17 from 9 p.m. - 6 a.m.
- The eastbound-to-westbound turnaround bridge will be closed.
- The Resler flyover ramp to I-10 eastbound will be closed.
- The Sunland Park exit (exit 13) from I-10 eastbound will be closed.
- The eastbound CD lanes will be closed at the North Mesa Street (SH 20) entrance ramp to eastbound I-10.
- The westbound CD lane will have the right lane closed at the Sunland Park Drive overpass.
North Mesa Street
July 18 (9pm-6am)
- North Desert Boulevard and the southbound Mesa Street (SH 20) right turn lane will be closed at North Mesa Street (SH 20).
- The eastbound-to-westbound turnaround at North Mesa Street (SH 20) will be closed
Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website. You can also follow the Go 10 Project on their website.