Over 650 New Laws Took Effect In Texas Friday
Yep, a whole bunch of new laws are on the books so, check this out before you accidentally break one ... or 10 ... of them.
A s***load of new laws are now in effect including a texting ban, (didn't we already have that?), almost any knife can now be openly carried and bestiality is illegal. (WTF? They had to make that a law?) Also, according to the El Paso Herald Post;
- New school buses must have shoulder-to-lap seat belts for all riders (SB 693)
- When Texans get or renew their driver’s licenses, they will have the option to donate $1 or more to fund the testing of thousands of backlogged rape kits. (HB 1729)
- Fees to obtain handgun licenses have dropped from $140 to $40. (SB 16)
- Financial institutions now have more power to stop transactions they suspect are aimed at defrauding elderly or disabled clients. (HB 3921)
- With the help of a measure dubbed David’s Law, school officials hope they will have more tools at their disposal to fight cyber - bullying. (SB 179)
- Under a newly created loophole in state law, school employees can give leftover food to hungry students. (SB 725)
All that and a BUNCH more, be sure and do your homework on all these!