Great El Paso Places for Pizza For National Pizza Day
Pizza... it's one of the greatest gifts to humanity; right next to my girlfriend & Rush. It is the ultimate food, the pinnacle of food greatness so you're a pizza lover, you'll love this holiday: National Pizza Day. February 9th is officially National Pizza Day so where are the best places to celebrate such an occasion? Well lucky for you, there are DOZENS of places that make that delicious gift from the food gods for all of us to enjoy:
Of course you got your big chains like Domino's, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, Little Caesar's, Peter Piper Pizza, Cici's, Grimaldi's, etc. But sometimes the best pizza is made from your local pizzeria, the mom & pop shops & there are plenty to choose from in El Paso (some were recommended to me on social media):
- Ardovino's Pizza: a very popular choice in El Paso & with 5 locations in town on the West, East, Central, Northeast & Upper Valley & you can find all the locations here.
- Café Italia: if you like brick oven pizza, they have two locations on the west side, one on Mesa & the Cimarron Market.
- Pieology Pizzeria has multiple locations: 2 in El Paso on Mesa & George Dieter has well as a location in Horizon City at 13371-20 Eastlake.
- House of Pizza has a downtown location at 208 N Stanton & it's original location 2016 N Piedras.
- Pizza Joint: I had some great musical memories performing at the Downtown location for open mic nights, they have two other locations, one on Mesa close to UTEP (2900 N Mesa) & one behind Franklin High School at 7000 Westwind.
- Pizza Pros: a favorite on the Northeast, located at 10025 Dyer St.
- T-Mama's Gourmet Pizza, Originally from Aurora, Colorado, they opened an El Paso location last year. If you're wanting a vegan pizza option, they're open Tuesday-Sundays, at 7455 N Mesa.
- Sun City Slice: there are 3 locations you can enjoy in El Paso: 6450 N Desert on the West, 1505 George Dieter on the East & 12101 Eastlake.
- Road Runner Pizza is open 7 days a week at 5300 Doniphan.
- Luigi's Homestyle Pizza: If you're looking for another pizza place downtown, you can find Luigi's at 321 E Mills Ave
- Great American Pizza: You can enjoy New York Style pizzas at two locations: 1520 N Resler & 2301 N Zaragoza.
- Speedy's Pizza: Definitely a favorite El Paso chain, you can find a number of Speedy's around El Paso & Horizon.
- Westside Pizza Express: located next to Hobby Lobby down at 7930 N Mesa in the Mesa Plaza.
- Rulis' International Kitchen, located right next to the station (4176 N Mesa), I frequent there a lot during the weekend evening shifts; they have a choice of brick oven or custom BIY pizzas.
Those are just a handful of places to grab a slice in El Paso so enjoy your cheesy goodness & whatever you do, don't let Nico make your pizza...