El Paso Has The Cheapest Average Apartment Rent In United States
According to a new report looking at the median rent in 50 major U.S. cities, El Paso came out on top!
While most people would rather own a home than rent an apartment, sometimes it can be out of reach for some time in your life. Or maybe you don't want to deal with all the hassles that come with owning a home. The website GoBankingRates,com decided to look at 50 major U.S. cities to see what the average cost of rent was in those cities, as well as other various factors including amenities, utilities cost, city walkability and more.
El Paso came out pretty good on the list, with the lowest monthly rent of a one bedroom at only $555 a month. The site also said that the cost of utilities is lower than the average at only $148.23 but this number can definitiely change depending on the time of year and your cooling system. If you have a swamp cooler your bill is going to be significantly lower than someone who is using refrigerated ac in their home.
Here is also more scores from the GoBankingRates report:
- Percentage of apartments with a dishwasher: 38%
- Percentage of apartments with a washer-dryer: 25%
- Percentage of apartments with a pool: 24%
- Percentage of apartments with a fitness center: 11%
- Percentage of apartments with a parking garage: 28%
- Percentage of apartments with pets allowed: 18%