City and County Government among 4th of July Closures in El Paso
State and federal offices will be closed Thursday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day. The following are also closed for the holiday:
● El Paso County Courthouse and its related county offices
● City Hall and all city administrative offices
● One Stop Shop
● Municipal Court
● Public Libraries
● Museum of Art
● Museum of Archaeology
● Museum of History and Digital Wall
● Rawlings Dental Clinic, WIC Clinics
● The University of Texas at El Paso
● El Paso Community College
● Southwest University
Parks and Recreation
● All Senior Centers and Daycare Operations
● All Recreation and Sports Centers
Some of Sun Metro’s fixed routes will run on a Sunday schedule, others will not run at all. Check routes HERE.
Trash collection will remain on regular schedule. If Thursday is your trash day, put your bins out.
Banks and Postal Service
Banks and other financial institutions along with the United States Post Office will be closed. There will not be any mail delivery on Thursday, and any banking will have to be conducted online or at an ATM.
THE FOLLOWING WILL BE OPEN:
● El Paso Zoo
● City spray parks, pools, and Aquatic Centers
● Citizen Collection Stations
● Animal Services Shelter 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
● The Greater El Paso Landfill 7 a.m. - 2 p.m.
If you’re planning on shopping or dining out, most stores, restaurants, shopping centers, and malls will remain open. However, some may be operating on holiday schedule with limited or reduced hours of operation while others -- such as locally owned small businesses -- may be closed. Call to confirm before heading out.