6 Tips For Drinking Alcohol Without Gaining Weight
Pretty much everyone enjoys a nice cocktail. Here's how to enjoy them without wrecking your diet. Enjoying a cold one and watching your waistline at the same time isn't easy. These tips from MSN Health and Fitness should help you knock a few drinks back without putting a few pounds on.
- Stick to no more than two drinks a night and don't drink more than two or three nights a week.
- Try white wine, champagne or clear liquors. They're lower in congeners, a substance that keeps your liver so busy that it sorta forgets to burn fat.
- Don't use mixers with added sugars and look for those with all natural ingredients.
- Eat a healthy dinner before you drink. It will slow the alcohol's entry into your bloodstream and it will keep you from snacking.
- Drink water between each alcoholic drink.
- Try white wine spritzers. They're half wine and half soda water so, the calories get cut in half, too.