Today’s The First Day Of A Long, Hot Summer!
This summer will be one of the hottest ones ever and that can be dangerous. The El Paso area is looking at highs in the 90's this week and we're back into triple digit temps by the weekend. To stay cooler this summer, keep these FEMA tips in mind.
- Cover windows that receive morning or afternoon sun with drapes or shades.
- Stay indoors as much as possible and limit exposure to the sun.
- Consider spending the warmest part of the day in air-conditioned public buildings.
- Never leave children or pets alone in closed vehicles.
- Postpone outdoor games and activities.
- Drink plenty of water, and avoid drinks with caffeine or alcohol.
- Avoid strenuous work during the warmest part of the day, and take frequent breaks.