El Paso’s Plaza Theatre Listed As Best Venue In Texas By Rolling Stone
We here in The Borderland have always known The Plaza Theatre rocks, now so does everyone else!
An article in Rolling Stone Magazine has listed The Plaza Theater as the number 1 music attraction in Texas! In a special section called “A Sound Trek Across Texas“, the article lists the top 10 music related “must see” spots in Texas.
We are honored that the State of Texas Tourism Office placed the Plaza Theatre on this list in one of the most popular and iconic music-related magazines.” “Although the Plaza Theatre is receiving accolades and recognition from music venue publications, this ad will introduce us to millions of music enthusiasts around the world.”
The Plaza originally opened in 1930 and has served as a movie theater and concert venue continuously ever since. It was nearly demolished in the 80′s but money was raised to restore it and it was donated to the city of El Paso in 1990. Here’s the top 10 list!
- 1. Plaza Theatre, El Paso
- 2. Route 66, Texas highway
- 3. Buddy Holly Center, Lubbock
- 4. Stevie Ray Vaughan Statue, Austin
- 5. Luckenbach, Texas
- 6. Floore’s Country Store, Helotes
- 7. Gilley’s, Dallas
- 8. Texas Country Music Hall of Fame, Carthage
- 9. Lightnin’ Hopkins Statue, Crockett
- 10. Selena Memorial, Corpus Christi