Tips For Cooking Out at Balloonfest 2013 — Part 2
Let’s talk Balloonfest food!
I am NOT a Chef or BBQ Pit-master and don’t claim to be one, but on the weekends, in my back yard, I pretend to be one! With that said, check out these simple foods, then pack up the ice chest for Balloonfest 2013!
- Hamburgers/Cheeseburgers: Buy the frozen ones (the GOOD ones!), a little salt, pepper or your favorite seasoning — slap a slice of cheese on and, if you cut your tomatoes, onions, lettuce ahead of time, you’re done! Grill some jalapenos and onions, add a few slices of avocado, and you now have a gourmet burger!
- Hot Dogs: This has so many possibilities. One of my favorites is to wrap the hot dog in bacon, grill and top off with some grilled onions — gourmet dog!
- Fish: Wrap your favorite fish in an aluminum foil pouch, add a slice of lemon, a little green onion, some pepper, salt, a little butter and slap it on the grill. Change it up a bit by adding a slice of orange instead of lemon or a slice of jalapeno.
- Steaks: I’m a fan of ribeye steaks. I marinate my steaks with a simple marinate I make. I’ll share, if you promise to feed me during the weekend! (Salt, pepper, worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and some orange slices. Marinate in a Ziploc bag overnight.)
- Veggies: Squash, onions, green onions, corn, bell peppers and jalapenos are great on the grill. Add a little salt, pepper and some olive oil and you’re done!
So now you have an idea of what you should be grilling. And check out my time-saving tips here!
Other things you should bring along:
Chips, plates, cups, dips and drinks. Use that ice chest wisely. Be safe and enjoy the company. Cheers-Salud, see you this weekend at Wet and Wild WaterWorld for KLAQ’s 2013 Balloon Fest!