Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For This Week
The holidays are over, which means the city of El Paso is going to be ramping up their roadwork. See if your commute will be affected by road construction or closures.
Doesn’t matter when you’re traveling through the westside of El Paso, it looks like congestion is going to be an issue. Even the east side isn’t immune to the traffic and headaches. With road closures, lane closures and more, El Paso traffic is getting worse before it gets any better. There will be some major freeway and road closures happening this week so make sure you are aware so you don’t get caught stuck in traffic.
Here are the major closures for El Paso this week:
Jan. 2-12 (9 am -4 pm)
- Right lane on North Mesa Blvd. CLOSED between N. Desert Blvd and Osborne.
I-10 East at Sunland
- I-10 Eastbound will close completely at Sunland Park Drive (Exit 13).
- The Sunland Park flyover entrance ramp to I-10 Eastbound will close.
I-10 at Sunland Park
- I-10 COMPLETELY CLOSED at Sunland Park Drive (DETOUR: Motorists will exit at Sunland Park the re-enter at the next entrance ramp)
I-10 West at Executive Center
- I-10 West COMPLETELY CLOSED between Executive Center Blvd and Sunland Park Drive
- Paisano Entrance ramp to I-10 East CLOSED
- Right lane on I-10 East CLOSED between Executive Center Blvd and Sunland Park Drive
- I-10 West Schuster/ UTEP entrance ramp CLOSED
I-10 East at Airway
- CLOSED from the airway overpass to the Viscount overpass
- Airway and Hawkins entrance ramps CLOSED
- Hunter Exit Ramp CLOSED
Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website. You can also follow the Go 10 Project on Twitter.