Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
West Area Closures
Mesa Rehabilitation Project
Wednesday, Nov. 18 (9 pm - 6 am)
- Mesa northbound between Baltimore and Castellano closed.
Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 6 am)
- Mesa northbound between Brentwood and Castellano closed.
Safety Improvement Project
Monday, November 16 - Friday, Nov. 20 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Montana and Krag intersection alternate lane closures.
- Hawkins and North Loop between Oportunidad and Dale alternate lane closures.
- North Loop and Hawkins between Bucher and Orgain Way alternate lane closures.
- Montana at Copia intersection between North Stevens and Grama alternate lane closures.
- Copia and Montana intersection between Tularosa and La Luz alternate lane closures.
Bridge Maintenance Project
Sunday, November 15 - Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 PM - 5 AM nightly)
- I-10 westbound between Copia and Piedras complete closure.
Sunday, November 15 - Thursday, November 19 (7 AM - 5 PM daily)
- West and eastbound turnarounds at Raynor closed.
- South and northbound between Raynor and Gateway West left turn lane closed.
US-54 Overlay Project
Monday, Nov. 16 - Saturday, Nov. 21 (7 AM - 5 PM)
- US-54 southbound between New Mexico State Line and McCombs outside lane closed until further notice.
- Crews will be repairing flex base and placing steel traffic barrier.
- US-54 north and southbound between New Mexico State Line and McCombs alternate lane closures.
Monday, Nov. 16 (9 AM - 4 PM)
- I-10 eastbound between Sunland Park and Mesa Park right lane closed.
Tuesday, Nov. 17 (9 AM - 4 PM)
- I-10 westbound between Hawkins and Airway right lane closed.
Wednesday, Nov. 18 (9 AM - 4 PM)
- I-10 eastbound Mesa on-ramp left lane closed.
Thursday, Nov. 19
- I-10 eastbound between Sunland Park and Racetrack left lane closed.
Friday, November 20
- Gateway West between Lee and Langtry left lane closed with a complete Dallas/Cotton on-ramp closure.
Bridge Preventative Maintenance
Sunday, Nov. 15 - Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 5:30 am NIGHTLY)
- US-54 northbound between Hondo Pass and Ellerthorpe complete closure.
Sunday, Nov. 15 - Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Gateway West at The Fountains between Viscount and Hawkins alternate lane closures.
- I-10 westbound at Airway alternate lane closures.
Friday, Nov. 13 - Friday, Nov. 20 (9 am - 4 pm DAILY)
- US-62 (Montana) eastbound between Geronimo and Airport left lane closed.
- Crews will be installing delineators and signs.
- I-10 westbound between Mesa exit and Santa Fe entrance ramp right lane closed.
- I-10 eastbound between Santa Fe and Cotton right lane closed.
- I-10 eastbound Dallas exit ramp closed.
- I-10 westbound between Airway and Trowbridge right lane closed.
- I-10 westbound at Geronimo exit ramp closed.
- I-10 westbound at Airway entrance ramp closed.
East Area Closures
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Monday, Nov 23, 2020 - Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 (6 am - 4 pm DAILY)
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) northbound to southbound turnaround complete closure at North Loop Drive
- South Americas Avenue southbound traffic detour at North Loop Drive
Monday, Nov 23, 2020, - Tuesday, Nov 24, 2020 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Loop 375 northbound complete closure at North Loop Drive overpass
- Loop 375 northbound traffic detour at North Loop Drive exit ramp
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system