Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
Monday, Nov. 16, - Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- I-10, the short freeway spur connecting US 54 to the Bridge of the Americas, will be closed to all traffic.
- DETOUR: Access BOTA from eastbound Paisano Drive near the Chamizal.
Thursday, Nov. 19(9 pm - 5 am)
- Ramp H, which connect eastbound I-10 to northbound US 54, will be closed to all traffic
Mesa Rehabilitation Project
Wednesday, Nov. 18 & Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 6 am)
- Mesa northbound between Baltimore and Castellano closed.
Bridge Maintenance Project
Sunday, November 15 - Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- I-10 westbound between Copia and Piedras complete closure.
Sunday, November 15 - Thursday, November 19 (7 am - 5 pm)
- West and eastbound turnarounds at Raynor closed.
- South and northbound between Raynor and Gateway West left turn lane closed.
Bridge Preventative Maintenance
Sunday, Nov. 15 - Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 5:30 am NIGHTLY)
- US-54 northbound between Hondo Pass and Ellerthorpe complete closure.
Friday, Nov. 13 - Friday, Nov. 20 (9 am - 4 pm)
- US-62 (Montana) eastbound between Geronimo and Airport left lane closed.
- Crews will be installing delineators and signs.
- I-10 westbound between Mesa exit and Santa Fe entrance ramp right lane closed.
- I-10 eastbound between Santa Fe and Cotton right lane closed.
- I-10 eastbound Dallas exit ramp closed.
- I-10 westbound between Airway and Trowbridge right lane closed.
- I-10 westbound at Geronimo exit ramp closed.
- I-10 westbound at Airway entrance ramp closed.
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Thursday, Nov. 19 (9 pm - 5 am COMPLETE CLOSURE)
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) southbound closure at North Loop Drive entrance ramp
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) complete closure between North Loop Drive to UPRR
- South Americas Avenue southbound traffic detour at North Loop Drive Zaragoza Road
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.
KEEP READING: See 25 natural ways to boost your immune system