Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
West Area Closures
Mesa Park Project
Sunday, August 2 - Saturday, August 8 (9 pm - 6 am NIGHTLY)
- I-10 eastbound between Sunland Park and Schuster complete closure.
Mesa Rehabilitation Project
Sunday, August 2 - Thursday, August 6 (9 pm - 5 am)
- Mesa southbound lanes between Sunland Park to Festival complete closure.
- Mesa northbound between Baltimore and Brentwood reduced to one lane.
- Mesa southbound between Sunland Park and Festival reduced to one lane.
Mesa Safety Improvement Project
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7 (9 pm - 4 am)
- Mesa and Mesa Hills intersection between Festival and Crown Point alternate lane closures.
- Mesa and Baltimore intersection between Cincinnati and Gregory alternate lane closures.
- Mesa and Argonaut intersection between Castellano and Montecillo alternate lane closures.
- Montana and Krag intersection alternate lane closures.
- North Loop and Hawkins intersection alternate lane closures.
Dyer Overlay Project
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7 (9 am - 5 pm NIGHTLY)
- Dyer north and southbound between Sanders and South Angora Loop alternate lane closures.
Martin Luther King Overlay Project
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Martin Luther King north and southbound between US-54 and New Mexico State Line alternate lane closures.
Stan Roberts Overlay Project
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7 (9 am - 4 m)
- Stan Roberts east and westbound between Martin Luther King and McCombs alternate lane closures.
McCombs Overlay Project
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7 (6 am - 6 pm)
- McCombs north and southbound between New Mexico State Line and US-54 alternate lane closures.
US-54 (Service roads) Overlay Project
Monday, August 3 through Friday, August 7 (7 pm- 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Gateway North and South between Yandell and Altura alternate bridge closures at Yandell, Montana, Trowbridge, and Altura, follow detours.
Monday, August 3 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Dyer northbound between Pheasant and Tiger Eye right lane closed.
- Dyer southbound between Tiger Eye and Pheasant right lane closed.
Tuesday, August 4
- US-54 northbound between Pheasant and Tiger Eye left lane closed.
- US-54 southbound between Tiger Eye and Pheasant left lane closed.
Wednesday, August 5 ( 9 am - 4 pm)
- SH-178 (Artcraft) eastbound between Upper Valley and Doniphan right lane closed.
- SH-178 eastbound between Doniphan and Berringer with complete Doniphan on-ramp closure.
Thursday, August 6 (9 am - 4 pm).
- South Desert between Starry Night and Coates right lane closed.
- South Desert between Coates and Redd right lane closed.
Friday, August 7 (9 am - 4 pm)
- North Desert between Northern Pass and Trade Center left lane closed.
- IH-10 westbound between Nashua and Vinton right lane closed with complete Vinton off-ramp closure.
Monday, August 3 - Friday, August 7 (9 am - 4 pm)
- SH-20 (Mesa) westbound between Sunland Park and Resler middle-right lane closed.
Sunday, August 2 - Thursday, August 6 ( 9 am - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- I-10 eastbound between Porfirio Diaz exit and Cotton on-ramp alternating lane closures.
- Crews will be working on concrete spall repair.
Friday, July 31 - Friday, August 7 (8 am - 3 pm).
- SH-20 (Doniphan) east and westbound between Spur 6 and Spur 37 (Vinton Rd) right lane closed.
- Crews will be doing shoulder work.
- Woodrow Bean east and westbound between US-54 and Railroad alternate lane closures.
Thursday, August 6 (8 am - 3 pm)
- US-54 south and northbound between Railroad and Mesquite Hills complete road closure.
East Area Closures
Loop 375 Frontage Road Project
Monday, Aug. 3 - Friday, Aug. 7 ((6 am - 4 pm DAILY)
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) northbound to southbound turnaround complete closure at North Loop Drive
- South Americas Avenue southbound traffic detour at North Loop Drive
Monday, Aug. 3 - Friday, Aug. 7 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Loop 375 southbound right lane closure from North Loop Drive to Alameda Avenue
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) traffic detour at temporary North Loop entrance ramp
Wednesday, Aug. 5 - Friday, Aug. 7 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- South Americas Avenue (frontage road) southbound left lane closure from Socorro Road to Pan American
Zaragoza/Montwood Improvement Project
Monday, Aug. 3 (7 am 4 pm DAILY UFN)
- Joe Battle Boulevard southbound left lane closure from Lyman Dutton Circle to Zaragoza Road intersection
- Joe Battle Boulevard northbound left lane closure from Montwood Drive to Zaragoza Road intersection
Monday, Aug. 3 - Monday, Aug. 10 (7 am - 4 pm DAILY UFN)
- Zaragoza Road northbound complete lane closure between Walmart/Chick-Fil-A driveway and McDonalds (all businesses will have one driveway open)
I-10 Connect Closures
Tuesday, Aug. 4 (9 pm - 9 am)
- Southbound US 54 will be closed to all traffic between I-10 and US 62 (Paisano Drive).
- Ramp E which connects Gateway Boulevard South to southbound US 54 at Yandell Drive will be closed.
Monday, Aug. 3, through Friday, Aug. 7
Daily from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The offramp connecting westbound I-10 to Gateway Boulevard West at Loop 478 (Copia Street) will be closed to all traffic.
- DETOUR: Take Exit 21 (Piedras Street) to G
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.