Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
West El Paso Closures
Mon, April 27 - Fri, May 1 (7 am - 4 pm)
- Loop 375 West/East reduced to one lane in both directions from Tom Mays Park to the second rest area, including the bike lane, closed.
I-10 Ramp Improvements Project – Phase 2
Tues, April 28 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Airway off-ramp East closed.
- Gateway West from Westmoreland to Airway left lane closed.
Thurs, April 29 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Airway on-ramp West closed.
- Gateway East from Robert E Lee to Airway left lane closed.
- Hawkins North right turn lane closed
- Gateway West approaching Hawkins intersection right lane closed.
- McRae to Viscount/Hunter overpass right shoulder closed.
- Gateway West and Hawkins northbound right lane closed.
Mon, April 27 - Fri, May 1 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Airway turnarounds closed in both directions.
- Viscount/Hunter turnarounds closed in both directions.
- Hawkins turnarounds closed in both directions.
- Gateway West/East from Hawkins to Robert E. Lee alternate lane closures.
- Crews will be working on traffic signals.
- Viscount South alternate lane closures.
- Viscount North from Gateway West to Acer alternate lane closures.
Mon, April 27 - Thurs, April 30 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Viscount South to Gateway West complete closure
Mesa Rehabilitation Project
Tues, April 28 - Fri, May 1 (7 am - 5 pm)
- Mesa North between University and Baltimore right lane closed
Guardrail Repair Project
Mon, April 27 (9 am - 4 pm)
- Spur 601 West from Chaffee to Marshall turnaround west to east CLOSED
Tues, April 28 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 West from Artcraft to Transmountain left lane CLOSED
Wed, April 29 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 East from Raynolds to Geronimo complete on-ramp closure at Raynolds on-ramp.
Thurs, April 30 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 West from Artcraft to Transmountain left lane CLOSED.
- Airway entrance ramp left lane CLOSED
Fri, May 1 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 East Porfirio Diaz on-ramp left lane CLOSED
I-10 Connect Project Closures
Sun, April 26, - Tues, April 28, (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Ramp H, which connects East I-10 to North US 54, will be CLOSED
- Gateway Boulevard East will be closed to all traffic adjacent to Lincoln Park.
Wed, April 29 & Thurs, April 30 (9 pm - 5 am NIGHTLY)
- Westbound US 62 (Paisano Drive) will be closed to all traffic between over I-10.
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.