Scheduled Road Construction And Closures For El Paso This Week
While the city is ecstatic the Border West Expressway is finally open, there is still quite a lot of construction happening on El Paso Roads. We've finally seen some of the major road projects coming to a close, and the improvements are making the commutes home better and better! Still, there are some projects that are just getting started or are getting the finishing touches. To make sure you're not stuck sitting in traffic due to construction on your commute, you've come to the right place. To find out what major freeway and road closures are happening this week, check out the list below.
East El Paso Closures
Zaragoza/Montwood Improvement Project
Mon, April 6
Starting 7 a.m. Wednesday, March 11 and continuous until further notice
- Zaragoza northbound right lane closure between Burger King and McDonalds
- Crews will be preparing roadway for pavement panels
Monday, April 6
Daily, from 7 a.m. until 4 pm. and continuous until further notice
- Montwood Drive westbound from Joe Battle southbound to Zaragoza intersection shoulder (Bike Lane)
- Crews will be installing drainage system
Monday, April 6
Daily, from 7 a.m. until 4 p.m. and continuous until further notice
- Joe Battle Boulevard and Zaragoza intersection southbound to northbound turnaround closure
- Closure is necessary for construction of new retaining wall
I-10 Landscape Improvements
Mon, April 6 through Fri, May 1 (9 am- 4 pm)
- I-10 alternating eastbound and westbound left and right lane closures between Eastlake Boulevard and Horizon Boulevard
- I-10 alternating eastbound and westbound entrance and exit ramps to include turnaround
Sun, April 5 (9 pm - 5 am)
- Complete closure of Zaragoza Road northbound from Castner Drive to Gateway Boulevard East
West El Paso Closures
Mon, April 6 - Fri, April 10 (from 9 pm - 5 am)
- Full closure Loop 375 westbound from Resler to US-54.
I-10 Ramp Improvements – Phase 2
Mon, April 6 - Fri, April 10 (9 am to 4 pm)
- I-10 at Airway turnarounds closed in both directions.
- I-10 at Airway underpass southbound right lane closed.
- I-10 at Viscount/Hunter turnarounds closed in both directions.
- Shoulder work along Gateway Blvd East from Hunter to Benson.
- I-10 at Gateway Blvd East from Eastside to Hawkins right lane closed.
- Gateway Blvd West alternate lane closures from Hawkins to Airway.
Mon, April 6 - Fri, April 10 (9 pm - 6 am)
- I-10 eastbound from Hawkins to Hunter/Viscount full closure.
- Airway southbound alternate lane closure to Gateway Blvd West.
- Gateway Blvd West alternate lane closure from Hawkins to Airway.
I-10 Riprap Project
Mon, April 6 - Fri, April 10 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 eastbound CD/ML right lane closed between Top Golf and Executive.
- Eastbound CD entrance ramp to I-10 eastbound closed.
- I-10 westbound CD right lane closed between Resler and Mesa.
Guardrail Repair Project
Mon, April 6 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 eastbound from Schuster to Porfirio Diaz right lane closed with complete off-ramp closed at Porfirio Diaz.
Tuesday, April 7(9 am to 4 pm)
- Center lane closed at Missouri from Stevens to Cotton and right lane closed on Cotton from Wyoming to Gateway Blvd East intersection.
Wednesday, April 8 (9 am- 4 pm)
- Loop 375 eastbound from Plexxar to Tom Mays Park right lane closed.
Thursday, April 9 (9 am - 4 pm)
- I-10 eastbound from Mesa to Sunland Park right lane closed.
Friday, April 10 (9 am - 4 p.m)
- I-10 eastbound from Mesa to Sunland Park left lane closed.
Monday, April 6 through Friday, April 10
8 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- I-10 westbound between Airways and Downtown left lane closed.
- I-10 eastbound between Schuster and Robert E. Lee left lane closed.
- Crews will be working on shoulder work.
- Border Hwy Loop 375 westbound between Schuster and Executive right lane closed.
- Crews will be cleaning drains.
- Border Hwy Loop 375 eastbound between US-54 and Fonseca left lane closed.
I-10 Connect Project Closures
Mon, April 6, - Fri, April 10 (from 9 am - 4 pm)
- Ramp N which connects eastbound Loop 375 to northbound US 54 will be closed to all traffic.
- DETOUR: Take Exit 59 (US 62/Paisano Drive/Cole Street), turn right on Gateway Boulevard North.
- Crews will be working on bridge railings and drilled shafts
Wed, April 8, and Thurs, April 9 (9 pm - 5 am)
- SH 20 (Alameda Avenue) will be closed to all traffic at US 54.
Work is dependent upon weather conditions. Please follow the detour signs in place on all projects. All work is dependent upon weather conditions. Find out more information at the Texas Department of Transportation website.