New El Paso City Ordinance Will Affect Music Volume Levels
This change affects businesses that offer music, live or otherwise, in outdoor areas.
The city of El Paso is changing its noise ordinance policy and have planned meetings to explain the new rules to businesses with outdoor areas, (patios, porches, etc), that operate after 10 pm. Effective August 26th, 2019:
businesses with outdoor areas that are within 350 feet of a residential property to apply for the new outdoor amplified sound permit.
The changes will also regulate amplified sound outdoors between 10 p.m. and midnight.- El Paso Herald-Post
I guess everyone slaps on earplugs and goes to bed at midnight so, after that, everything's cool!?!?
The meetings are as follows according to the El Paso Herald Post:
- June 3, 2019 - Marty Robbins Cntr, 11620 Vista Del Sol, from 4pm - 6pm.
- June 5, 2019 - Main Library, 501 N. Oregon, from Noon - 2pm.
- June 12, 2019 - Municipal Service Cntr, 7968 San Paulo, from 10am - 1pm.
- June 13, 2019 - Westside Command Cntr, 4801 Osborne, from 4pm - 6pm.
- June 19, 2019 - Northeast Command Cntr, 9600 Dyer, from 5pm - 7pm.