More Headaches Expected This Week From El Paso Road Construction
El Paso residents have known about the road construction and closures causing headaches across the city for weeks, and sadly, there's more closures in store. TxDOT has been working diligently to improve El Paso's major roadways to help alleviate some of the congestion issues seen day after day.
Anyone who has driven on I-10 after Redd Road knows the white-knuckle driving situation that is the tight, two-lane road where you're forced to drive closer than comfortable to semitrucks. Right now the driving situation is less than ideal in that area, but once the project is over, we hope the roads will once again be wide open, and more efficient than ever. Until then, there are more road closures and lane restrictions that we will see this week around El Paso. See below to find out what major freeway and road closures we are expecting this week in El Paso. These closures are not final, road closures could change based on weather and other conditions.
Tuesday, January 3, through Saturday, January 7 (9 a.m. to 4 p.m.)
- Eastbound and westbound I-10 will occasionally be reduced to one lane at varying locations between Vinton Road and Redd Road due to crews entering and exiting the work zone.
Tuesday, January 3, through Sunday, January 29 (24 Hours)
- South Desert Boulevard and North Desert Boulevard will be reduced to one lane between Los Mochis Drive and Transmountain Road due to widening Frontage Road.
Tuesday, January 3 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Eastbound I-10 will be closed to all traffic from Vinton Road to Transmountain Road while crews are placing concrete safety barriers
Wednesday, January 4 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- Westbound I-10 will be closed to all traffic from Transmountain Road to Vinton Road while crews are placing concrete safety barriers
Thursday, January 5 (9 p.m. to 5 a.m.)
- North Desert Boulevard will be closed to all traffic between Transmountain Road and Vinton Road.
Monday, January 02 through Thursday, January 05 (overnight from 8:00 p.m. until 5 a.m.)
- IH-10 Westbound complete closure from Horizon Boulevard to Eastlake Boulevard while crews will be removing concrete barriers
Friday, January 6
- I-10 Gateway West at Copia on-ramp complete closure.
See what other road closures are expected this week at the Texas Department of Transportation's website.