After more than a month of incarceration, Randy Blythe was released from a Czech prison on Thursday (Aug. 2), according to the Czech news site The Lamb of God frontman is reported to have boarded a flight at 1PM Czech time today (Aug. 3), and is expected to arrive in New York this afternoon.

As well documented by Loudwire and several other outlets over the past month, Blythe was detained by Czech authorities on June 27 upon his arrival in Prague, Czech Republic, to play a gig with Lamb of God. He was being held on charges of manslaughter charges stemming from a 2010 incident in which a 19-year-old fan apparently died from injuries he suffered after allegedly being tossed from the stage at a Lamb of God show.

Despite posting $200,000 bail shortly after his incarceration, Blythe had remained in the prison up until yesterday, as prosecutors continuously challenged his bail amount and even had it raised to $400,000.

But earlier today, representative for both the prison and the Prague Municipal Court confirmed Blythe’s release.

“I can confirm that [Blythe] was released yesterday afternoon,” said Gabriela Pohlová, a spokeswoman for the prison, on Friday. Court spokeswoman Martina Lhotáková added, “The decision was reached yesterday at the end of a closed session. The only condition of release was the approximately 8 million Czech Koruna bail [approximately $400,000].”

Lamb of God recently had to cancel their summer tour with Dethklok and Gojira, as Blythe’s impending release continued to remain an uncertainty.

Over the past month, dozens of fellow musicians showed their support for Blythe, with Pantera / Hellyeah drummer Vinnie Paul telling Loudwire exclusively about how the incident related to the circumstances surrounding the tragic death of his brother Dimebag Darrell in 2004.

Despite his release, Blythe is by no means out of the woods. He will likely have to return to Prague for a trial at a later date. Stay tuned for more updates on Randy Blythe as the day transpires.

More From KLAQ El Paso