Here’s The New Safest City In Texas & What El Paso Has To Say
For the longest time El Paso has been regarded as one of the safest cities in America; we were number 3 last year. It's been a debate for quite some time & the debate just got even MORE interesting in 2022 as there's been a few other Texas cities that have claimed as "one of the safest cities":
- there was Frisco according to Brit On The Move in their top 10 of safest cities in the US. It was the only Texas city included.
- KXAN listed the top 50 safest cities in Texas according to FBI data; Trophy Club was #1. Horizon City was #16, San Elizario #18 & Socorro #37
- Now according to an article on Moving Waldo, Horizon City is number 1 in the state of Texas. Fulshear is #2 & Colleyville is #3. El Paso isn't even included in the top 10.
Needless to say these are some VERY interesting tidbits. And where's the place to have a rational & reasonable conversation about differing opinions?
THE INTERNET OF COURSE! (yes that was sarcasm...)
The Moving Waldo story was mentioned on FitFam this week & people certainly weren't afraid to voice their opinions. So let's see some of the funniest comments that were posted online
- "It's all fun and games until you drive down Darrington and hit a coyote" - donnied217
- "Whoever wrote that article stayed from 1pm to 1:03pm" - 9allan1more5
- " 'this is a paid partnership with Horizon County' " - aldewalker
- "I’ve been living in Horizon since High-school years.. s*** when it first started to grow I remember back when the Whataburger, Walmart and Peter piper put us on the map 😂 anyways only thing that’s bad over here is the illegal dumping but other than that we love our shooting, off-roading and chill vibes. Haven’t met 1 rude person yet in horizon lol" - predatorgrim
- "Clearly @movingwaldo doesn’t know what they’re talking about because the photo looks like a Midwest city stock image. Not that they had any credibility but whatever ounce of credibility they had is now gone." -srgeo75
- "Because they have nothing over there" - vmersx
- "As a horizon resident there's absolutely nothing here so I'd sure as hell hope it's safe" an_overgrown_child_v2
So yeah... perfectly reasonable debates...
Now I personally haven't experienced anything out there that I haven't in El Paso; I've seen my share of plenty of cops out, bad drivers, animals running across the street. I can't decide whether or not Horizon is safer than El Paso.
But that's just my opinion of course...