The City of El Paso Parks and Recreation Department, in partnership with AARP Foundation TaxAide, will host free income tax preparation assistance, by appointment only, at several locations throughout the City, starting February 1 through April 15.

Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash
Photo by Kelly Sikkema on Unsplash
Enter your number to get our free mobile app

“AARP TaxAide looks forward to serving more people in El Paso this year and is proud of all our volunteers being certified by the IRS and AARP,” said AARP TaxAide Training Specialist and Site Coordinator, Carol Baker.

“Services are always free, and you do not have to be an AARP member to participate.” See below, a list of locations and appointment dates available.

To make an appointment, residents should call the number listed next to the location. Walk-ins will NOT be accommodated at this time.

  • Memorial Park Senior Center: (915) 212-0391 Appointment Availability: 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday and Wednesday
  • Hilos De Plata Senior Center: (915) 212-2250 Appointment Availability: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday and Thursday
  • Polly Harris Senior Center: (915) 212-0733 Appointment Availability: 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Tuesday
  • Eastside Senior Center: (915) 212-0411 Appointment Availability: 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesday and Friday
  • Galatzan Recreation Center: (915) 212-0754 Appointment Availability: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday

Please note the following guidance, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic: Tax preparation sites will be drop-off only. The taxpayer will make the appointment and arrive at the location. The taxpayer will receive an intake form to complete and be interviewed by a certified tax preparer who will review all documents. The taxpayer will then wait until their tax return is complete and will then have a final interview to review all documents and sign the return.

What to bring:

  • Photo ID of the taxpayer(s)
  • Original Social Security cards or social security statements (SSA-1099) of the taxpayer(s) and all dependents
  •  All W2s, 1099s for interest and dividends, broker statements, 1099-MISC, 1099-NEC, 1099-R, CSA 1099-R, SSA-1099, 1099-G (unemployment), other 1099’s, or W-2G (gambling winnings) received for the 2021 tax year
  • Letter 6475: Your 2021 Economic Impact Payments. You should receive this directly from the IRS in late January or early February. This reports the amount you received for the stimulus payments in April (generally $1,400 per person in the household)
  • Letter 6419: 2021 Total Advance Child Tax Credit (AdvCTC) Payments if you had any children. This should have been received directly from the IRS in January.
  • Any records to support deductions if taxpayer plans to itemize or claim the charitable deduction (2021 only, up to $300 in cash donations with receipts or canceled checks, $600 if married filing jointly)
  • Last year’s tax return for comparison

Need to See: Celebrities Who Have Dined at L & J Cafe


More From KLAQ El Paso