Fall Activities You Can Still Do Despite COVID-19
We've all said it at least once. "Thanks 2020." This was the year that was supposed to be amazing. All the good holidays are on weekends, including Halloween. Well, COVID-19 changed that. But there are still fun fall activities you can do, despite the pandemic. Here are some ideas:
- Some pumpkin patches are still open. But even if you don't want to go to a pumpkin patch, you can still buy a pumpkin at the grocery store and decorate or carve it.
- Along the same lines as number 1, you can still decorate your house. I know my wife and I are planning on going all out this year.
- Hopefully other people decorate their houses too, because if they do, you can walk around your neighborhood and check out all the decorations.
- Something you can do to add to checking out the decorations is create a Halloween BINGO card. Skulls, bats, witches, etc. can all be options and you can walk around until someone wins.
- You're already stuck at home with your family, why not start watching Halloween/horror movies.
- Spend time as a family making autumn desserts like pumpkin pie or roasting your pumpkin seeds.
- Have a family game night but include things like hot apple cider to give it that autumn flavor. Of course, in West Texas, we might need it to cool down a bit before you go for the piping hot beverage.
The point of all this is we don't have to let 2020 and COVID-19 ruin our Halloween season. There are still options to spend some time with your family and have some fun.