Enjoy A Fun Weekend Moonlight Hike Via El Paso’s Lost Dog Trail
Add some adventure into your life by taking part during the next full moon in the upcoming Moonlight Hike at El Paso's Lost Dog Trail.
Spring nights sans the winds are some of the best evenings in El Paso, thanks to the coolness coming off the desert and Franklin Mountain range. Now imagine the same scenery and vibe underneath the twinkling of the stars and bathed in the moonlight of April's Pink Full Moon.
The Facebook Group Border Hikers are organizing a fun weekend moonlight hike via El Paso's Lost Dog Trail near the west side of the Franklin Mountains on Saturday, April 16.
Border Hikers describe themselves as a group of borderland hikers who love the sport while having a good time, including their longstanding tradition of toasting every hike at Valentine's Canyon.
This moonlight hike would be perfect for a group of friends or maybe a date night, especially since no kids are allowed. Plus, the theme for this moonlight hike encourages attendees to sport their favorite rock band t-shirts, so make sure you show up representing.
What To Know Before You Go:
- Don't let the event name scare you away; the moonlight hike is more like a fun walk that spans about 2 miles.
- The event takes about 2-hours total.
- Wear comfortable clothing, footwear, no open-toed shoes, and perhaps a light jacket for those who tend to get chilly.
- Take along a flashlight apart from your phone light for an optimal experience.
- The traditional toast will take place in Valentine's Canyon.
Explore one of El Paso's gems as you navigate through Lost Dog Trail in this fun and free moonlight hike.
- Border Hikers: Moonlight Hike
- Lost Dog Trailhead
- Saturday - April 16, 2022
- Run Time: 7:30 p.m. - 10 p.m.
- Admission: Free
El Paso Looking Green & Lush In 2021
26 New Businesses Opening At Eastlake In El Paso
35 Unwritten Rules That True El Pasoans Know:
Socorro's El Charlatan 12-Course Chef Curated Menu in Mouthwatering Pictures