COVID-19 Testing: State Extends Free Testing For El Paso Area
The State of Texas has extended free COVID-19 testing through the end of this month. There’s a list of locations and dates below. Here are answers to a few commonly asked questions.
Q: Do I have to provide insurance?
A: No. Covid-19 testing is free and available to all members of the community. There is no charge.
Q: Do I need to make an appointment?
A: No. You can just show up.
Q: What if I don’t have any symptoms?
A: You can get tested even if you don’t have symptoms.
Q: Which test is it? Nose, blood or swab?
A: It’s the nasal sample one.
With those questions answered here are the locations members of the community can go to get tested. First, there are 2 locations that are open EVERY DAY from 9 am to 4 pm.
- Nations Tobin Rec Center at 8831 Railroad Drive in the Northeast.
- EPCC Valle Verde Campus at 919 Hunter in the Lower Valley.
- Also, the testing site at the Socorro ISD Student Activity Center at 1300 Joe Battle is open Sunday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. Closed Saturdays.
Additionally, a Texas Military Department mobile testing team is going to be offering free testing in some of the County’s more rural areas. Testing is available from 9 am to 4 pm on the following dates and at the following locations.
- SEPTEMBER 15---First Baptist Church in Horizon City, 17018 Darrington Rd.
- SEPTEMBER 16---Anthony, Texas Fire Department at 510 Vinton Rd.
- SEPTEMBER 18---Socorro, Texas Fire Station at 11440 N. Loop.
- SEPTEMBER 21---Fabens, Texas at the County ESD #2, 16001 Socorro Rd.
- SEPTEMBER 23---Montana Vista Fire Station at 5411 Paso View Dr.
- SEPTEMBER 24---Horizon City First Baptist Church, 17018 Darrington Rd.
- SEPTEMBER 25---Anthony, Texas Fire Department, 510 Vinton Rd.
- SEPTEMBER 28---Socorro, Texas at Fire Station #2, 11440 N. Loop.
- SEPTEMBER 29---Horizon First Baptist, 17018 Darrington Rd.
- SEPTEMBER 30---Fabens, Texas at the County ESD #2, 16001 Socorro Rd.
For additional information about testing and other Covid-19 related matters, visit www.EPStrong.org