College In El Paso Is Among The Nation’s Cheapest!
College is never really cheap but, you're better off here, financially speaking than almost any place else.
A recent study by Move.org has ranked El Paso #14 in its list of the top 25 "most affordable college towns". Albuquerque was our nearest competitor, edging us out at #12. We had the largest population of all 25, here is how they broke us down:
- Median monthly rent is $595.45, with monthly utilities averaging $123.97.
- A gallon of gas is $2.48, while a one-way local train fare is $1.50.
- A movie ticket is $9.00, and a 0.5-liter of domestic beer is $2.00.
- Minimum wage starts at $7.25.
- University of Texas at El Paso
- In-state tuition: $23,210
- Out-of-state tuition: 36,955
- El Paso Community College
- In-state tuition: $16,401
- Out-of-state tuition: $18,177
I'm not sure exactly where they got that $1.50 local train fare but, I love the fact that they worked average beer prices into all their figures. To read up on all the other 24 cities, click here.