Chick-fil-A Celebrating El Paso Hometown Heroes
Starting May 3rd, Chick-fil-A will be honoring hometown heroes here in El Paso. From May 3rd through the 6th, a different group will be honored.
- Monday - May 3rd - Military Personnel and Veterans
- Tuesday - May 4th - Teachers
- Wednesday - May 5th - Nurses
- Thursday - May 6th - First Responders, Law Enforcement, Peace Officers
So what do you get if you fall into one of these categories? Just show up with valid professional ID and you can choose between a free chicken sandwich or a free 8-piece chicken nugget.
Edgar Ortega, the franchise operator of the Chick-fil-A location on Desert Boulevard in El Paso said:
We know this past year has been especially challenging... We are so thankful for our local heroes that support El Paso and Las Cruces, and we wanted to offer a small token of appreciation for their dedication and hard work.
The giveaways will be available from 10:30am to 10pm on the given days, and you're allowed one free entrée per person.
Now, just in case you want to be able to make your own Chick-fil-A sandwich without having to go there, here's a recipe for their chicken sandwich from Damn Delicious.
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, leaves separated
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced
- 20 dill pickle slices
FOR THE CHICKEN
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup dill pickle juice
- 1 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1 cup peanut oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a chicken breast on a cutting board. With your hand flat on top of it, carefully slice the chicken in half horizontally. Trim excess fat as needed.
- In a large shallow baking dish, combine chicken, pickle juice and 1/2 cup milk; marinate for at least 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Heat peanut oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- In another large shallow baking dish, whisk together remaining 1 cup milk and egg. Stir in chicken to coat and drain excess milk mixture.
- In a gallon size Ziploc bag or large bowl, combine chicken, flour and confectioners’ sugar; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Working in batches, add chicken to the skillet and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 4-5 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- Serve chicken immediately on burger buns with green leaf lettuce, tomato and pickles.