Check Out These Hot Springs for a Romantic New Mexico Getaway
Romance may not be the first word that comes to mind when thinking about New Mexico - but it could be! There are a lot of secret romantic spots whether it's hiking, exploring, or trying a new cuisine. It's also very affordable which makes it hard to resist.
A great way to spice it up (or do something special that won't break the bank) is to try out one of the many hot springs around the state.
In New Mexico, there are natural hot springs, which are like warm pools of water created by the Earth's underground heat.
The hot springs have different pools with different minerals, and many believe that soaking in them can be good for your health. It's a beautiful place where you can take a dip in warm water surrounded by nature and a perfect place to reconnect with a partner.
1. Riverbend Hot Springs - Located at 100 Austin St, Truth or Consequences, right next to the Rio Grande. It's one of the only hot springs resorts that sits along the river and has breathtaking views that are unlike anything you've ever seen. Check out its riverside location for a quiet ambiance that's perfect for a couples' weekend getaway. It's a full resort too, so you can get your room service after soaking.
2. Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs & Spa - Up North near Taos, Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs is a well-known spot in New Mexico that has a very long, storied history. Over time, Ojo Caliente Mineral Springs has evolved into a modern-day resort but has still maintained its historical charm. It continues to be a popular destination not only for its relaxation and wellness but also making a connection to the healing traditions of the past. It's a perfect spot for couples who are also trying to reconnect with their past romance and remember why they fell in love.
3. McCauley Hot Springs - Also known as McCauley Warm Springs, this one is a romantic getaway for the adventurous. It's actually a thermal spring in the Santa Fe National Forest, near the Jemez Springs area of Northern New Mexico... but you have to hike 3+ miles to get there. Once you do, the feeling of completing the task of the hike mixed with the relaxation of the hot spring is a romantic experience unlike any other.
4. Gila Hot Springs Campground - Call it romantic camping. Gila Hot Springs is such a great spot for couples who like to reconnect in nature. Unlike McCauley, you can spend a weekend or even a week exploring while also enjoying the hot springs. The campground is clothing optional after dark, so if you like to get kinky, this might be your place.
5. Faywood Hot Springs - Located near Silver City, Faywood Hot Springs offers secluded and rustic pools surrounded by natural rock formations. Couples can enjoy the healing waters in a peaceful setting and even rent private tubs for an intimate soak. There's also RV storage available.
6. Spence Hot Springs - This is another one great for hikers. It's not a long hike, and the views at the top are spectacular. Perfect for smooching. It's located just over 7 miles north of Jemez Springs, near Valles Caldera National Preserve and Bandelier National Monument. There's no big sign, just look for a parking lot. A true adventure!
7. La Paloma Hot Springs and Spa - If Riverbend is too fancy, La Paloma is the perfect spot for you. And it's just around the corner. Located at 311 Marr Street in Truth or Consequences. It offers private mineral baths, massage services, and cozy accommodations. Couples can enjoy a romantic getaway with the therapeutic benefits of the hot springs. Click Here for rates.