Local Government Reminds Community About Border-Crossing Vaccination Requirements
All Non-U.S. Travelers Required to Provide Proof of Vaccination.
The government of El Paso wants to remind people of some changes to the border crossing protocol that recently went into effect.
The Department of Homeland Security’s updated requirements, "which instructs all non-U.S. individuals entering the United States be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and be able to provide proof of vaccination."
These new rules went into, "effect at 10 p.m., Friday, January 21, 2022."
For all of the new border-crossing requirements, check out the list BELOW.
"Non-U.S. individuals crossing the border for both essential and non-essential visits must adhere to the following requirements when crossing the border into the U.S. via land ports of entry or ferry terminals:
• Verbally attest to their COVID-19 vaccination status;
• Provide proof of a CDC-approved COVID-19 vaccination, as outlined on the CDC website;
• Present a valid Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI)-compliant document, such as a
• Valid passport, Trusted Traveler Program card, or Enhanced Tribal Card; and,
be prepared to present any other relevant documents requested by a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer during a border inspection.
Individuals 18 years of age and younger will not be required to be vaccinated at this time.
The CDC has determined that for purposes of travel to the United States, vaccines accepted will include current FDA-approved or authorized vaccines and World Health Organization (WHO) emergency use listed vaccines. To date, there are currently nine vaccines that meet the CDC’s requirements, including:
• Johnson and Johnson
• According to the CDC, fully vaccinated means a person has received their primary series of COVID-19 vaccines.
• The last dose must have been given a full 14 days before entering the U.S.
• For more COVID-19 information to include testing, vaccination, data, and prevention, visit: EPStrong.org."
Celebrities Busted With Pot In & Around El Paso, TX