Yes or BS — iPhone Edition
It was 10 years ago today that Steve Jobs first unveiled the iPhone. Then the first iPhone went on sale just a few months later. Here is a Yes or BS quiz about the iPhone.
- Apple has now sold over a billion iPhones.
- Yes – They sold their one billionth iPhone last July.
- If you completely drain your battery on your iPhone and then charge it, you’ll spend about $35 a year in electricity.
- BS – It really doesn’t take that much to charge the iPhone. It’s somewhere between 2 and 7 kilowatts of electricity per year, which ends up being less than a dollars worth.
- Steve Jobs had some fun when he first unveiled the iPhone and prank called Starbucks from the stage.
- Yes – He called a Starbucks in San Francisco and told them he wanted to order 4,000 lattes. You can see the video below.
- The iPhone 2 is the fastest selling iPhone so far.
- BS – There was no iPhone 2. It went from the iPhone straight to the iPhone 3G.
- Apple reportedly had to pay over $1 million for the domain name iPhone.com.
- Yes – Even though they don’t use the domain name anymore, it does forward you onto Apple’s website.
Subscribe to KLAQ El Paso on