WMMA Fighter Sean “Big Sexy” McCorkle On The KLAQ Morning Show[Audio]
In case your wondering why they call Sean "Big Sexy," well it's because he's 6'7 and weighs 310lbs. He's probably one of the biggest MMA fighters in the world, and you would think that his height and weight would be a plus in the MMA world, but his weight is one of the things that makes it hard for him.
"In the UFC the weight cut-off for heavyweights is 265 lbs and I weigh about 310 with about 5% body fat. So for me to lose an additional 45 pounds makes it very hard on my body."
Also in the interview, we find out how Sean decided to become a MMA fighter and what it's gonna take for him to get back into the UFC.
You can listen to the interview with the very funny and colorful fighter here:
Here's more info about WMMA fights that will be taking place this Saturday at the Don Haskins Center.
And don't forget that you can win tickets for the event all this week on KLAQ.
Fighting for a better world
WMMA is partnering with the Wounded Warrior Project and Fort Bliss
Fight is on Saturday March 31st, 2012
Doors open at 5pm, fight starts at 7pm.
Tickets on sale at all ticket master locations!
Fight will also be available on pay per view!
1. Sean McCorkle vs Brian Heden
2. Karo Parisyan vs Thomas Denny
3. Lyle Beerbohm vs James Marohl
4. Drew Ficket vs Kevin Knabjain
5. Jamaine Facey vs. Willie Parks
6. Rodney Wallace vs Derrick Mehmen
7. Darill Schoonover vs. Paul Buentello
8. Frank Gomez vs Chris Gruetzemacher
9. Deutsch Pu’u vs. Esteves Jones
10. Lionel Lanham vs. Brad Peterson