Most Common Lies Parents Tell Their Kids
Parents lie to their kids. Hopefully it's just little white lies like these. If you think you don't lie to your kids, just stop think about the visits from Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny or the Tooth Fairy.
I remember finding out a lie that my parents used to tell me all the time. Shook my world. When we would go out when I was younger, I almost wanted the most expensive item on the menu. Rather than dealing with me wanting and complaining I want the pricey meal, my parents would say that's what the ordered.
Little did I know, they would actually have the waiter bring out the chicken, which had been cut into two servings, one for me and one for my sister. Clearly I didn't really care about what I was eating because I never noticed. It wasn't until they told me about it years later, did I know they were doing this.
Here are the top 5 white lies parents tell their kids according to Female First.
- Telling your kids they lost an annoying a toy, when really you either hid it or got rid of it.
- Lying to your family or friends about your parenting style. "They only get **** amount of screen time..."
- Saying you have to leave somewhere because it's closing.
- Pretending you didn't eat their candy or other food.
- Pretending to call the police because they did something bad.