Meetings Scheduled Regarding Northeast BRIO
Construction details for Dyer - Brio, running from Northeast El Paso to Downtown, will be released at meetings today and tomorrow.
Two Dyer - Brio community meetings have been scheduled for Wednesday, (1/18), at 6:30pm at the Northeast Regional Command Center, 9600 Dyer and Thursday, (1/19), at 6pm at the Memorial Park Senior Center, 1800 Byron St.
According to El Paso Herald Post online:
"The total length of this $38.4 million dollar project will offer El Pasoans many of the benefits of improved speed and reliability that much larger cities provide through light rail transit systems, but the Brio has the added advantage of having a much lower implementation cost.
Heraldpost.com added that station amenities will include:
- Bus shelters (providing wind and sun protection)
- Installation of a raised platform (providing near-level boarding)
- Pre-paid automatic ticket vending
- Benches, leaning rails, bike racks and trash cans
- Sidewalk improvements
- Landscaping and pedestrian lighting
For more info, visit sunmetro.net or call (915) 212-3333.