Five Tips to Avoid a Speeding Ticket
There is one sure fire way to not get a speeding ticket. Don't speed. A recent study done in Minnesota analyzed almost a quarter of a million traffic tickets issued in the state over a three year period. Here are some things to help you avoid a speeding,that aren't as obvious as "don't speed."
- If you're within 10 miles an hour of the speed limit, you're generally safe. 97% of tickets were for more than 10 miles per hour over the speed limit, with the most common speed being 12 miles per hour over.
- More tickets are given out in the summer. Thankfully the unofficial end of summer just passed.
- You're more likely to get a ticket when it's not rush hour, because it's more difficult to catch you when there's more traffic.
- If your a guy, you're more likely to get a speeding ticket. Especially if you're a teenager. The most tickets were issued to 19 year olds.
- If you've already been pulled over, the best way to get out of a ticket is to be polite. You're more likely to get a warning if you're nice to the officer. Of course, if you were doing 20 to 30 miles per hour over the speed limit, it probably won't matter. Unless you had massive t*ts hanging out of a tiny shirt.