Mexican Food World Cookoff
El Paso, Texas
Home to the BEST MEXICAN FOOD in the WORLD!
Join us on July 31st at Wet N Wild Waterworld for the Mexican Food World Cookoff and 5th Annual Battle of the Rock N Roll Mariachis!
New this year, Folklorico dancing competitions!
Food, beer, fun, rides and music!
Gates open at 10am, park closes at 7pm
Mexican Food World Cookoff Information
- Area Restaurant
- Delicious Mexican Eatery
- Gil’s Mexican Restaurant
- Mama’s Mexican Food
- The Patio
- World Chef
- Chef Amos Morland (Wyndham EP Airport)
- Chef Diego Amigo (Coronado Country Club)
- Chef Greg Leach (ACF)
- Chef Sara Horowitz
- Chef Tony Guajardo (UTEP)
- World Restaurant
- Good Luck Cafe
- Mesa Street Grill
- Red Rooster Cafe
4 Cooking Categories:
- Best Tacos
- Best Enchiladas
- Best Gorditas
- Open Dish Competition
Be The People’s Judge!
Want to taste some of the best Mexican food in the world…for FREE? Sign up now, and you could win one of three slots to be a Judge for the Mexican Food World Cookoffs! You’ll get to taste the food and judge and entire category, Best World Chef, Best World Restaurant or Best Area Restaurant. You’ll even get to bump elbows with some celebrities, or us! Enter now!
Previous Overall Competition Winners:
- World Restaurant Winner – Maria Chuchena
- World Chef Winner – Tony Guardado (UTEP Catering)
- Area Restaurant Winner – Lucy’s
- World Restaurant Winner – Riviera
- World Chef Winner – Billy Means (Mesa St. Bar & Grill)
- Area Restaurant Winner – Tacos
Battle of the Rock N Roll Mariachis
Come out and watch some of the best Mariachi bands all on one stage performing for you, and ending their set with a rock song done Mariachi-Style!
This Year’s Competitors:
- 1:00-1:30pm – Mariachi Illusion – Medley (Wipe Out/Jailhouse Rock/What I Like About You/Shout)
- 1:45-2:15p – Mariachi Femenil Flores Mexicanas – Heart medley (Crazy on You/Magic Man/Barracuda)
- 2:30-3:00p – Mariachi Espuelas de Plata – Pink Floyd’s “Another Brick In The Wall”
- 3:15-3:45p – Mariachi Zacatecano – TBA
- 4:00-4:30p – Mariachi Los Arrieros – Medley (Carry On Wayward Son/Sweet Home Alabama/Don’t Stop Believing/Bohemian Rhapsody)
- 4:45-5:15p – Mariachi Los Pasajeros – Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train”
- 5:30p – Battle of the Rock N Roll Mariachi Finals
Folklorico Dance Championships
Five dance competitors will dance between Mariachi band sets to compete for cash and prizes. The top 2 dance performers will compete in the Dance-Off to determine the winner!
Folklorico Dance Competition Schedule
$15 Advance Tickets (includes all the Wet N Wild rides, competition and $2 discount off tube rental, locker rental, grill rental or $2 off from one of our serving restaurants) on sale now at WB (Western Beverages) locations around town through Saturday, July 30th:
5610 N. Desert Blvd. - 9128 Dyer St. - 1840 N. Lee Trevino Dr. - 2500 N. Mesa St. - 6100 N. Mesa St. - 8041 N. Mesa St. - 6590 Montana Ave. - 1700 N. Zaragoza Rd - 12210 Montwood - 1188 Yarbrough - 11380 Gateway North
Gate Prices: $20.99 (adults) / $18.99 (kids)
Last Year’s Battle Of The Rock N Roll Mariachi Performances
Mariachi Pasajeros – “The Middle/Heartbreaker”
Mariachi El Zacatecano – “Welcome To The Jungle”
Mariachi Frontera – “You Give Love A Bad Name”
Mariachi Son De Mexico – “AC/DC Medley”