KLAQ’s River Raft Race
On Father’s Day, KLAQ
brings back the infamous
Great River Raft Race!
Think you can build a cool raft out of stuff you have lying around? Prove it!
Get ready to build your own raft and race it down the Rio Grande for cool prizes!
Race runs from the Vinton bridge over the Rio Grande to the Farm Road 259 bridge.
Canoes, Kayaks and Home Made Rafts are all welcome! Get your friends, family or coworkers together and start building a raft! There are 2 categories for the home-made rafts:
1 – 4 persons
5 – 10 persons
Prizes and trophies for the best time and best decorated!
Begin and end your Father’s Day River Raft Race Day at the Riviera! The site of the Official After Race Party, where Raft Race winners will receive their prizes and trophies! Come by before the Raft Race begins, as the Riviera will be opening at 7am for a special Father’s Day Breakfast Buffet:
- Chilaquiles (red and green), beans, scrambled eggs, scrambled eggs with chorizo, scrambled eggs a la Mexicana (tomatoes, jalapenos, onions), bacon, sausage, hash browns and tortillas. Coffee and tea is included, with milk or juice for the kids!
- The Great River Raft Race After Party at the Riviera begins at 3p, where Race winners will receive their prizes and trophies also includes great food and drink specials, with Happy Hour from 3-7p – $2 domestic bottles and $3 well drinks, and live music! Paul’s Hamburger with fries, Quesadillas, Queso con Puntas de Filete, Nachos, Nachos Riviera, Flautas and Tacos!
For more details, see the Official Great River Raft Race Rules.
Some Things to Remember for the GreatRiver Raft Race:
- Spectator parking starts at 9am, $5 per carload, enter from Farm Road 259 bridge
- Porta-Potties will be all along the spectator area
- DO bring SHADE! Chairs, sunscreen, load the cooler with water. Propane grills are OK, but think FIRE SAFETY!
- Bronco Disposal will help you keep the area clean, with trash cans along the route
- DON’T bring alcohol, ATVs, and you CANNOT get into the Rio Grande