Chris Farley Facts For What Would Have Been His 53rd Birthday
- The character of Matt Foley was based on a real guy named Matt Foley. Chris played rugby with him in college and he's a priest now.
- Farley didn't write a lot of his skits while on Saturday Night Live. He was more of a performer and would actually walk around different writer's areas asking to be in skits.
- He had a bunch of cameos in movies, from Wayne's World to Billy Madison. But he had a lead role in only 4 movies.
- The last line in Tommy Boy was taken from Spaceballs. "That's gonna leave a mark" was said by John Candy when he forgets to take his seatbelt off in the movie, and it's also the last line of Tommy Boy.
- Chris Farley was originally going to be Shrek and read most of the lines. This was one of those things that I scoured the Internet for, for the longest time. And low and behold, it has surfaced on the Internet.
Video courtesy of Wayne W's YouTube page.