Online Dating Safety Tips
Valentine's Day has come and gone. If you spent the day alone and are looking to get back into the dating pool, you might look to an online website or app. First things first though. You need to make sure you're safe. Here are some safety tips from SAFETY.COM.
- Do Your Research - Just do a simple Google search and find out whatever you can about the person you're meeting. No, this isn't stalking. It's doing your due diligence to find out what you're getting yourself in to.
- Get a Google Voice Number - Giving out your real number can be real risky. Something you can do easily is to get yourself a free Google Voice number. You can check your calls, voicemails, and messages without giving out your real phone number. You can also block people easily.
- Chat First - It can be on the phone or a video chat. But do this before your first date.
- Tell Someone the Details - Yeah, it sounds kind of extreme, but you never know. Just tell someone what your plans are.
- Stay Sober - Lots of people might have a drink at the very beginning of a date, or even before the date to loosen up a bit. This is fine, but make sure you don't over do it.
- Don't Give Too Much Personal Info - This can be difficult because you want to have a conversation, but you don't want to give out info that can lead to places you normally visit, or even live.
For the rest of the safety tips, be sure to check out SAFETY.COM