NMSU wants a license to party in the Corbett Center!

Unfortunately, it will only be during special events.  According to The Las Cruces Sun News:

New Mexico State University last week applied for a governmental liquor license for its student union building. According to university officials, the special-use permit would be used only for special events, not to open a full-time pub.

The push for the license was sparked by a recent Graduate Research Symposium that had to be held in 2 different locations because the Corbett Center wasn't allowed to sell booze.

This isn't the first liquor license for NMSU. They started in 2000 with a license for the golf course clubhouse. Another came in '04 for the Stan Fulton Center at Aggie Memorial Stadium and, in 2013, licenses were granted to the Pan American Center and Gerald Thomas Hall. (Home to the schools of hotel, restaurant and tourism management.)

More From KLAQ El Paso