Texas couple, 35-year-old Lizzette Zambrano and 43-year-old Jorge Guillen from El Paso, Texas were enjoying their time at a private condominium complex in Mexico.

The couple decided to take a dip in the hot tub which would be a devastating and life-changing decision.

TAKING A DIP IN A HOT TUB

attachment-@aebaldwin TikTok (12)
loading...

Around 8:30 pm Tuesday, Zambrano and Guillen got into the hot tub in the pool area of the complex. While inside the hot tub, the two were tragically electrocuted.

According to the Attorney General’s office for the state of Sonora, faulty wiring could be the reason for the electrocution.


Read More: Man Tragically Killed in Freak Accident at Texas Golf Course


 

 

VIDEO OF THE TERRIFYING INCIDENT

The video shows a crowd of people surrounding the shocked Texas couple. Screams are heard as someone performs chest compressions on one of the victims.

A TikTok video shows the tragic scene surrounding the victims. You can see the terrified crowd scrambling around the area near the hot tub.

ONE VICTIM TRAGICALLY DIES

43-year-old Guillen tragically died from the electrocution. Zambrano was severely shocked and remains in critical condition.

Family and friends of the Texas couple have set up a GoFundMe Page to help bring Guillen home and help with costs associated with Lizzette's critical recovery.


 

ANOTHER TRAGEDY IN A POOL AREA

A precious 8-year-old girl was reported missing after her family was unable to find her during a stay at the Double Tree Hotel in northwest Houston.

Read More: Devastating Death Of Young Girl Trapped In Houston Pool Pipes

Top 10 Most Violent Cities in Texas

Top Ten Most Dangerous Cities in Texas

More From KLAQ El Paso