‘Hellraiser’ — Brandon’s 30 Days of Horror — Day 21
This is one of the classics. It was back in 1987 when Clive Barker introduced us to Pinhead and the Cenobites. Here are some facts about Hellraiser:
- Doug Bradley (Pinhead) was offered two different roles, Pinhead or one of the mattress movers. Being a new actor, he felt it was important for his face to be seen and almost turned down the role of Pinhead.
- Coincidentally Bradley couldn't understand why the cast and crew were ignoring him at a post-production party. He soon realized it was because no one knew what he actually looked like because they'd only seen him with his make up on.
- Pinhead was originally called 'Priest' and then 'Lead Cenobite' before being called Pinhead.
- The movie is based on Clive Barker's novella 'The Hellhound Heart'
- Jump Factor — 3
- Gross Out Factor — 9 (this is a gruesome movie)
- Alcohol Pairing — With so much blood in this movie, only seems right to enjoy a glass of red wine.