Who has the Best BBQ in El Paso? Here’s My Top 5 – Ok, 6!
As we get ready for the 27th annual KLAQ BBQ , the question always comes up -Who has the BEST BBQ in town?
Forget all those polls claiming to have the vote of the people. I have lived in El Paso all my life , besides having the best mexican food . We also have some of the best BBQ.
Lets lay this out on the table , BBQ is defined as barbecue or barbeque (common spelling variant) with abbreviations BBQ and bar-B-Q is a method and/or apparatus for cooking meat, poultry, and occasionally fish with the hot smoke of a fire, smoking wood, compressed wood pellets, or hot coals of charcoal. In the USA to grill is to cook in this manner quickly, while barbecue is typically a much slower method utilizing less heat than grilling, attended to over an extended period of several hours.
In NO particular order and in my opinion. Here is my top 5… ok ..6
1. StateLine- I’m a big fan of the baby back rib platter and brisket. Amazing !!!
2. Smitty’s Pit BBQ (on Airport Rd) – Try the brisket tacos. It’s affordable and delicious !!
3. Rib Hut- Try the beef rib plate or the sausage plate, always filling and finger licking awesomeness!
4. Smokey’s Pit BBQ and Saloon ( any of the 3 locations )- The pork ribs and beans are always a treat. Try their smoked turkey (moist and juicy) and some of the chili con queso.
5 . Rudy’s (both locations in El Paso)- Always consistent. The St.Louis BBQ ribs and the baby backs are off the bone deli-sh!
6. Famous Dave’s (2 Locations in El Paso)- Check out the any of ribs with the rich and sassy BBQ sauce, and you can’t forget the corn muffins.
Did I forget one? Sound off!
I want to know. Which is your favorite BBQ restaurant?
Email me : email@example.com