What NOT To Say To Your Boss
Every smart ass comment that just popped into your head could ... and probably should ... be added to this list. Here are the top 9 according to monster.com. Plus 1 from me!!
First of all, why the top 9? They couldn't have chosen one more from the gazillions of things you shouldn't say to your boss to make this a top 10??
Don't worry though El Paso; we'll get it there!! First though, the 9.......
1) I need a raise. (Find me a boss that likes hearing that one)
2) That just isn't possible. (Way to show off that "go - getter" attitude!!)
3) I can't stand working with ________. (Whoever it is, the Boss has to work with them also. If they could be dumped they would have been ... don't remind him!)
4) I partied to hard last night; I'm so hung over. (In radio, this one doesn't count. If it did, there wouldn't be anybody left here!!)
5) I emailed you about that last week/yesterday/etc... ("The check is in the mail" 2.0. This type of dodge sucked before the internet and it sucks now!)
6) It's not my fault. (Yeah, ok. Whatever.)
7) I don't know. (Around here, that one works! As long as we're intro-ing an Ozzy song...)
8) But, we've always done it this way. (A favorite of our Program Director/Operations Mngr!)
9) Let me set you up with ______. (Never set the boss up with a date ... unless it's you. If it is you; never set the boss up with a date. Even Hugh Hefner and his playmates have learned to stay away from this one!)
Ok my bru-thas and sis-tahs; it's your turn!! I know the El Paso/Cruces faction has 1 or 2 to add here!!
Here's my 'number 10' to get you started:
"Why don't you get off your fat ass and do it yourself."