What NOT To Say To Your Boss
Every smart ass comment that just popped into your head could … and probably should … be added to this list. Here are the top 9 according to monster.com. Plus 1 from me!!
First of all, why the top 9? They couldn’t have chosen one more from the gazillions of things you shouldn’t say to your boss to make this a top 10??
Don’t worry though El Paso; we’ll get it there!! First though, the 9…….
1) I need a raise. (Find me a boss that likes hearing that one)
2) That just isn’t possible. (Way to show off that “go – getter” attitude!!)
3) I can’t stand working with ________. (Whoever it is, the Boss has to work with them also. If they could be dumped they would have been … don’t remind him!)
4) I partied to hard last night; I’m so hung over. (In radio, this one doesn’t count. If it did, there wouldn’t be anybody left here!!)
5) I emailed you about that last week/yesterday/etc… (“The check is in the mail” 2.0. This type of dodge sucked before the internet and it sucks now!)
6) It’s not my fault. (Yeah, ok. Whatever.)
7) I don’t know. (Around here, that one works! As long as we’re intro-ing an Ozzy song…)
8) But, we’ve always done it this way. (A favorite of our Program Director/Operations Mngr!)
9) Let me set you up with ______. (Never set the boss up with a date … unless it’s you. If it is you; never set the boss up with a date. Even Hugh Hefner and his playmates have learned to stay away from this one!)
Ok my bru-thas and sis-tahs; it’s your turn!! I know the El Paso/Cruces faction has 1 or 2 to add here!!
Here’s my ‘number 10′ to get you started:
“Why don’t you get off your fat ass and do it yourself.”