What Did Your Teacher Tell You That Turned out to Be False?
Thanks to the Internet, we can fact check just about anything in a matter of seconds. Of course, you might want to make sure your facts are coming from a reliable source. You would think a teacher would be a reliable source. Well, that's not always the case. And thanks to Reddit, here some times teachers were wrong.
- The bad things you do go on your "permanent record." Sure, maybe as a kid, but it's not like your school record comes up once you're older.
- The food pyramid. We were told to eat a ton of bread and corn and avoid fat, when now we know that's all backwards.
- You have to learn how to do math because you won't always have a calculator. Today, we ALL always have calculators on our phones.
- Go to the best college you can, because the money you make will be worth the cost.
- You have to learn to say no to drugs, because strangers will want to give you free drugs.