Weird Valentine’s Day Facts For People Who Hate The Holiday
We are a few days away from probably the most hated holiday, Valentine’s Day. Tons of flowers are massacred and oompa loompas are working overtime in the chocolate factory, to meet the demand of this lovely day. If you are one of the many Valentine’s Day haters, these weird facts might increase your hate and give you the knowledge to ruin the holiday for others.
Forget spreading the love, let’s spread some facts. If you are on the fence about what to get your loved one, just explain how stupid this holiday is and freak them out with one of these facts.
- On February 14th, The Christian martyr St. Valentine was beheaded for performing marriages in secret.
- Penicillin was introduced on February 14, 1929 , which is used to treat venereal diseases such as syphilis.
- 75% of suicide attempts are linked to relationship problems.
- 15 % of U.S. women send flowers to themselves on Valentine’s Day.
- According to a recent poll, one in ten young adults admitted to feeling lonely, insecure, depressed, or unwanted on Valentine’s Day. Yeah, I bet half of the guys polled were afraid to answer honestly.
Of course, the biggest downer to say to anyone on this day is, even if you’re in love, you are eventually going to die.
[Source: 11, 0002 Things to Be Miserable About]