The 10 Commandments Of Micheladas
One of El Pasos most favorite drinks comes with a few rules.
Micheladas are tasty and simple! All you need is beer, your favorite spices, celery, some chili powder, ice ... (optional) ... and some Clamato. Once you have all that together, remember this:
- THOU SHALT CHOOSE THY BEER WISELY
- For best results, go with a beer you don't usually drink. That adds a little more zip!
- THOU SHALT USE FRESHLY MADE MICHELADAS
- Use the pre-made ones only in an emergency.
- THOU SHALT NOT INHALE THE CHILI POWDER
- On these windy, spring days that stuff can fly around. Don't breathe it in. Seriously.
- THOU SHALT USE SPICY CLAMATO WHEN IT'S AVAILABLE
- THOU SHALT NOT BE ANGRY WHEN VISITORS CALL THEM DISGUSTING
- I was that way once, you probably were too. Be patient, let the drink do the talking.
- THOU SHALT SALT THY NAPKIN
- It keeps the napkin from sticking to the the glass.(and you from looking like a dork.)
- THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE IF 'LADAS ARE ORDERED BEFORE NOON
- Hell, around here they're pretty much considered a breakfast beverage. Screw OJ.
- THOU SHALT NOT HAVE MICHELADAS ON ST. PATRICK'S DAY
- Never. Mix all that with green beer and you wind up with a hot mess in your hand.
- THOU SHALT NOT REFER TO IT AS CLA-MAY-TOE
- It's Cluh-Mah-Tow dammit.
- THOU SHALT SPREAD THE WORD OF GREAT MICHELADAS
- Try 'em all over the Borderland and then tell everybody who makes the best one.