The 10 Commandments Of Micheladas
Subscribe to KLAQ El Paso on
One of El Pasos most favorite drinks comes with a few rules.
Micheladas are tasty and simple! All you need is beer, your favorite spices, celery, some chili powder, ice … (optional) … and some Clamato. Once you have all that together, remember this:
- THOU SHALT CHOOSE THY BEER WISELY
- For best results, go with a beer you don’t usually drink. That adds a little more zip!
- THOU SHALT USE FRESHLY MADE MICHELADAS
- Use the pre-made ones only in an emergency.
- THOU SHALT NOT INHALE THE CHILI POWDER
- On these windy, spring days that stuff can fly around. Don’t breathe it in. Seriously.
- THOU SHALT USE SPICY CLAMATO WHEN IT’S AVAILABLE
- THOU SHALT NOT BE ANGRY WHEN VISITORS CALL THEM DISGUSTING
- I was that way once, you probably were too. Be patient, let the drink do the talking.
- THOU SHALT SALT THY NAPKIN
- It keeps the napkin from sticking to the the glass.(and you from looking like a dork.)
- THOU SHALT NOT JUDGE IF ‘LADAS ARE ORDERED BEFORE NOON
- Hell, around here they’re pretty much considered a breakfast beverage. Screw OJ.
- THOU SHALT NOT HAVE MICHELADAS ON ST. PATRICK’S DAY
- Never. Mix all that with green beer and you wind up with a hot mess in your hand.
- THOU SHALT NOT REFER TO IT AS CLA-MAY-TOE
- It’s Cluh-Mah-Tow dammit.
- THOU SHALT SPREAD THE WORD OF GREAT MICHELADAS
- Try ’em all over the Borderland and then tell everybody who makes the best one.