Snake Season Tips – And A Major Cobra Don’t
Subscribe to KLAQ El Paso on
One thing you shouldn’t do if you come across a snake, is offer it water like these clowns. I don’t care how thirsty he looks.
- If you see a rattler, back away slowly and as quietly as possible. DON’T go running off in a panic. (Where there’s one, there’s probably another).
- Keep pets on a leash and right next to you.
- Keep kids on a leash and right next to you.
- Avoid thick brush, high grass and don’t haphazardly step over rocks, bushes, debris piles, etc. Look before you leap!
- Be careful where you put your hands. Never stick them where you can’t see exactly what else … snakes or spiders & scorpions …is there with them.
- Wear high boots and long pants.
- Use caution in cool, dark places. (Caves, shady areas, crawlspaces beneath homes, etc…)
- Avoid snake friendly areas between dusk and mid morning, that’s when they’re most active.
Basically, just be alert and aware of where you and your various appendages are!