Oregon Passes Gun Confiscation Law. Texas Next?
WTF? Denying someone their rights because someone else said they shouldn’t have them?
Oregon Governor Kate Brown just signed into law SB 719A. This, basically, allows anyone to file a petition with the court allowing them, (the court), to seize someone else’s guns. Just because they think that person is an “imminent risk to themselves or others.”
So everyone is now a professionally trained, psycho-analyst? Or, has everyone in Oregon learned to read minds? Just because you tell Big Brother you think someone may be having issues with themselves or someone else, why does that give the state the right to:
- 1) Seize private property without due process
- 2) Offer no compensation
- 3) Deny an American citizen their second amendment right
I doubt something like this would ever fly in Texas but, what about other states? If more fall for this gun grabber scheme, how long will it be before all are forced to comply? What could be next?
- Losing your car because someone said you might have a beer later?
- Losing your motorcycle because someone said don’t like wearing helmets?
- Restaurants refusing to serve you because someone said you’re fat?
people who are not mental health professionals, who may be mistaken, and who may only have minimal contact with the respondent to file a petition with the court and testify on the respondent’s state of mind.
Would you vote for a law like this in Texas? Or anywhere?