Its that time of the year when we all dress up, throw parties and pig out on candy, but there are a few things we should keep in mind for our little ones we love so dearly.

We have dogs in the house and most of them have dressed up for Halloween several times (and for other occasions too). When dressing your pets, keep in mind some costume precautions. Make sure that whatever (awesome) outfit you pick for your little one doesn't impair their movement, hearing, sight and ability to breathe, bark, eat, drink or most importantly go to the bathroom. (Oh, and don't forget to check for chocking hazards too.)

 

Apart from the costumes, its also time for sugar rush, we all know that dogs cannot eat chocolate, especially dark chocolate as it is toxic for dogs. Also, keep a look out for a baked goods sweetener called Xylitol found in candy and gum. Even a tiny amount can cause seizures, depression or loss of coordination. With that being said, be careful with candy wrappers, pets love to play with them, something with the sound, I suppose. But the aluminum foil or cellophane can cause intestinal blockage and vomiting.

Remember to comfort your pets as this holiday can actually be scary for them. Constant knocking on doors, scary masks, strangers in weird outfits can kind of freak them out; also be careful when you open the door so they don't slip out without you noticing.

Oh, and if you have a chewer (as I do) avoid hazardous decorations like spider-webs, candles, wires, cords, etc.

So take care of your pets and let's have an awesome Halloween!!